Digital recorded in London, Henry Wood Hall, 1982. Directed from the harpsichord by Trevor Pinnock. The English Concert on authentic instruments. Previously released in 2742 002 (Archiv Produktion). Printed in West Germany by Münstermann-Druck KG, Hannover. The gatefold sleeve contains notes in German, English and French. Cover painting: "The South East Prospect of Hampton Court, Heresfordshire", by Leonard Knyff; Ektachrome: Yale Center for Britisch Art, Paul Mellon Collection.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist - Artist (Sample). 1. 30. Handel: Concerto grosso In F, O., N. HWV 327 - 1. Largo. by Simon Standage & Elizabeth Wilcock & Anthony Pleeth & Robert Woolley & Trevor Pinnock & The English Concert. This album completes the tripartite series of discs which constitute Handel’s Concerti Grossi, Op. 6, as performed by Trevor Pinnock and The English Concert (EC). The excellent playing started on discs one and two continues forward on disc three. In my opinion, the EC plays the Concerti Grossi as close as possible to what Handel intended when he wrote the music.
Handel's Concerti Grossi opus 6 must surely be ranked as some of the greatest orchestral music ever composed. Probably penned in or around 1739, the pieces were developed to serve as orchestral "interludes" for other operatic or oratorio performances. To listen to them, however, is to tempt us not believe that this could possibly be the case: the Concerti Grossi opus 6 works are without doubt among the pinnacle of Baroque composition. On a personal note, I originally acquired these pieces on vinyl records in the early 1980's, and these pieces were among the first Baroque compositions I explored as a newcomer to classical music.
Handel: Concerti grossi Op. 6, No. -4. Популярные треки Trevor Pinnock. The English Concert, Simon Standage, Trevor Pinnock - Vivaldi: Concerto For Violin And Strings In F Minor, O., RV 297 "L'inverno" - 1. Allegro non molto. Vivaldi: The Four Seasons; Concerto for Oboe & Violin RV 548; Concerto for 2 Violins RV 516. 3:14. The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock - Purcell: Welcome to all the pleasures (1683) Ode for St. Cecilia's Day - Overture. Trevor Pinnock, Simon Standage, Anthony Pleeth, The English Concert, Simon Preston - Handel: Organ Concerto N. In G Minor, O. N. HWV 291 - 1. Adagio. Handel: The Organ Concertos. The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock, Paul Goodwin, Mark Bennett, The English Concert Choir - Vivaldi: Gloria in D, . 89 - I. Gloria in excelsis. Sinfini Music: Best Choral.
Handel's Concerti Grossi opus 6 must surely be ranked as some of the greatest orchestral music ever composed. Pinnock's recordings were originally released on the Archiv label by Deutsche Grammophon in the 1980's, a time in which there was so much activity in creating high-quality recordings of period instruments with the day's premier orchestras. -4 Songs. Handel: Concerti grossi Op. Released by Universal Music Group May 2015 18 Tracks.
Album · 1985 · 22 Songs. Concerto grosso in B Flat, Op. 7. The English Concert, Simon Standage, Elizabeth Wilcock & Trevor Pinnock. 12. Concerto grosso in B-Flat, Op. 7: I.
|Concerto No. 1 In G Major - HWV 319|
|1||A Tempo Giusto||1:55|
|Concerto No. 2 In Fa Major - HWV 320|
|9||Allegro, Ma Non Troppo||2:16|
|Concerto No. 3 In E Minor - HWV 321|
|14||Allegro, Ma Non Troppo||1:24|
|Concerto No. 4 In A Minor|
|17||Largo E Piano||2:12|
- Recorded At – Henry Wood Hall, London
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor International GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Hans Joachim Marx
- Printed By – Neef
- Art Direction – Lutz Bode
- Bassoon – Jeremy Ward (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Cello – Anthony Pleeth, Jennifer Ward Clarke, Richard Webb
- Composed By – Handel*
- Conductor, Harpsichord – Trevor Pinnock
- Design – Elke Neuß-Burghoff
- Engineer [Recording] – Hans-Peter Schweigmann
- Liner Notes – Hans Joachim Marx
- Liner Notes [Editor] – Roswita Cervone
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – John Coombs
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Jacques Fournier
- Oboe – David Reichenberg (tracks: 1 to 9), Sophia McKenna (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Orchestra – The English Concert*
- Organ [Chamber Organ] – Robert Woolley
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Leonard Knyff
- Recording Supervisor – Dr. Gerd Ploebsch
- Soloist [Concertino] – Anthony Pleeth, Elizabeth Wilcock, Simon Standage
- Viola – Annette Isserlis, Jan Schlapp, Trevor Jones
- Violin [1st] – Graham Cracknell, Micaela Comberti, Miles Golding, Simon Standage
- Violin [2nd] – Elizabeth Wilcock, Nicola Cleminson, Roy Goodman, Theresa Caudle
- Violone – Keith Marjoram
Notes℗ 1982 Polydor International GmbH, Hamburg.
Previously released in 2742 002.
Printed in West Germany by / Imprimé en Allemagne par Neef, Wittingen - Made in West Germany (inlay)
Made in W. Germany by PolyGram (disc)
Originally packaged in smooth-sided jewel case
Recording: London, Henry Wood Hall, 1982.
Cover painting: "The South East Prospect of Hampton Court, Heresfordshire".
Booklet in English, German & French.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 28941 08972 4
- Barcode (Scanned): 028941089724
- Label Code: LC 0113
- Matrix / Runout: 410 897-2 03
|410 897-2||Handel* - The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock||Handel* - The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock - Concerti Grossi - Op. 6 Nos. 1-4 (CD, RE)||Archiv Produktion||410 897-2||Germany||1984|
|410 897-1||Handel* - The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock||Handel* - The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock - Concerti Grossi - Op. 6 Nos. 1-4 (LP, RE)||Archiv Produktion||410 897-1||Germany||1984|
|410 897-2||Handel*, The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock||Handel*, The English Concert*, Trevor Pinnock - Concerti Grossi - Op. 6 Nos. 1-4 (CD, Album, RE)||Archiv Produktion||410 897-2||Germany||Unknown|