Released date January 2009. Music StyleCrossover. Members owning this album1.
Apron EP by Steven Julien, released 10 October 2011 1. Beat Crash 2. Fuck Off 3. Iron Cloud The birth. Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Purchasable with gift card.
The album has more in common with the expansive analogue vistas of Julien's Fallen and the bass-forward lurches of Graef's Apron EP than the crate-digging hip-hop of the German artist's 2014 album, Rivers Of The Red Planet. Most tracks here are clouded in tape hiss, lit by cheap-sounding synths and pushed forward by programmed drums that could've been sampled from a Baldwin Fun Machine.
As befits an album drawing from traditional ballads, Apron Strings is full of songs about good love and bad; it is neither idyllic nor pastoral- an overused adjective as regards folk music- but ambivalently bucolic. Featuring backing vocals from Adem, "Come Write Me Down" sounds like an invocation to the muse, asking for inspiration via romance, and "Want You to Know" repeats its declaration like a mantra: "Want you to know you make me happy/ Want you to know you make me smile.
|3||Pure And Real||4:23|
|4||Ghost In The Machine||3:52|
|8||Chop Chop (Trigger My Rage...Inspire My Violence)||4:07|
|11||World At War||3:16|
|12||Game Called Rejection||5:32|
- Mastered By – Dieter Pimiskern
- Mixed By – Christopher Czarnetzki (tracks: 2 to 12), sin.bios (tracks: 1)
- Producer – Apron , Christopher Czarnetzki (tracks: 2 to 12), Thomas Scharl (tracks: 2 to 12)
- Recorded By – Christopher Czarnetzki (tracks: 2 to 12), Thomas Scharl (tracks: 2 to 12), sin.bios (tracks: 1)
- Recorded By [Synthies & Fx] – sin.bios
- Recorded By [Vocals] – sin.bios
NotesRecorded & Mixed at SmartArts Studio, Moosburg / Germany
Mastered at Dorian Gray Studios, Eichenau / Germany