Nawfel made his first recording in Los Angeles in 1999 as a 14-year-old electric guitar phenomenon supported by an all-star cast of musicians led by producer Barry Goldberg, Ivan Neville on keys and vocals, Reggie McBride on bass, Luis Conte on percussions and the great Jim Keltner at the drums. With their backing the kid attacks tunes by Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone, the Kinsey Brothers, Aretha Franklin, Booker T. Jones and Los Lobos, pinning them down and turning them around with his soulful guitar pyrotechnics and sly, funky rhythmic drive
Label: Polydor – 543 082-2. Perhaps I’m the lucky one. I heard this album without knowing what was going on, and I tell you true, I was rather blown away. It seems that Nawfel is a thirteen year old prodigy from France, and has taken much of the world, and many in the music business by storm. It would be rather easy to simply say that older heads, those who play on this album are just patronizing this young gun, but nothing could be farther from the truth.
Bringing the North African flavours from Morrocco, Nawfel is a rising star is proving his versatility in music through his production sounds. With a background in hip-hop not many producers are bold e. Casablanca. Stream Tracks and Playlists from NAWFEL on your desktop or mobile device.
12 tracks · 1 January 1999. 13 tracks · 1 January 2008. Dark Wave Rises EP. Play album. 2 tracks · 7 March 2018.
It's a fairy tale: Nawfel, boy of thirteen from Soissons, plays guitar like a god, and released his first album on Universal label, mixed by Mario Caldato J. the great man that usually prevails with the Beastie Boys.
|2||Why Can't We Live Together||4:47|
|3||Jokes On You||3:17|
|4||May This Be Love||3:53|
|5||Go Back Home||4:37|
|7||I Want To Take You Higher||4:45|
|9||Mas Y Mas||4:24|
|11||I Get Lifted||3:32|
|12||Hook Me Up||4:34|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Options
- Copyright (c) – Options
- Record Company – Sky Ranch Records
- Licensed To – Edel Records GmbH
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media Production – A034606
- A&R – Aram Goldberg
- A&R [Assistant] – Ken Le Bras
- Artwork – JP "Moogly" Fernandez
- Engineer – Michael Blum
- Engineer [Assistant] – Josh Turner
- Mastered By – Gene Grimaldi, Tom Baker
- Mastered By [Additional] – Raphaël Jonin
- Mixed By – Mario Caldato Jr.
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Ryan Boesch
- Photography By [Booklet] – Jean-Christophe Hanché
- Photography By [Cover] – Patrick Rouchon
- Producer – Barry Goldberg, Philippe Le Bras
Notes℗ & © 1999 Options
Sky Ranch Records
All rights reserved.
Licensed exclusively to edel records GmbH.
Made in Germany by optimal media production.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 029758 116425
- Barcode (String): 4029758116425
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L571
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9706
- Matrix / Runout: manufactured by optimal media production A034606-01
- Label Code: LC 01666
- Rights Society: GEMA
|543 082-2||Nawfel||Nawfel (CD, Album)||Polydor||543 082-2||France||1999|