Juju is the fourth studio album by English alternative rock band Siouxsie and the Banshees. It was recorded at Surrey Sound studio with Nigel Gray as co-producer, and was released on 6 June 1981 by record label Polydor. Two singles were released from Juju: "Spellbound" and "Arabian Knights". The album was commercially successful in the UK. It was acclaimed by critics upon its release, with praise given particularly to John McGeoch's unconventional guitar playing and Siouxsie's vocal performances
Siouxsie And The Banshees - The Scream (Full album) - Duration: 38:57. SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES (& Robert Smith) · Hyaena 2009 REMASTERED & EXPANDED FULL ALBUM HQ AUDIO - Duration: 58:50. Ani Malet 2,845 views. SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES - KALEIDOSCOPE - Duration: 37:18.
Complete your Siouxsie And The Banshees collection. Siouxsie And The Banshees. Vendre cette version.
Juju is the fourth album by the British rock band Siouxsie & the Banshees. After a slightly electronic bent made on a few tracks of their last album, the Banshees returned to a more guitar-based sound for Juju, due to the now-official new Banshees guitarist, John McGeoch. Released by Polydor Records in 1981, this album also featured prominently, for the first time, the intricate percussion work of band member Budgie. Juju was remastered as a single-disc digipack in May 2006.
First single from Siouxsie & the Banshees fourth album Juju. It’s about being in love as if you were under a spell. 2. Into the Light Lyrics. Produced by Siouxsie and the Banshees & Nigel Gray. Written by Siouxsie Sioux, Steven Severin, John McGeoch & Budgie (Drummer).
Siouxsie and company took things to an entirely new level of darkness on Juju, with the singer taking delight in sinister wordplay on the disturbing "Head Cut," creeping out listeners in the somewhat tongue-in-cheek "Halloween," and inspiring her bandmates to push their rhythmic witches brew to poisonous levels of toxicity. Album opener "Spellbound," one of the band's classics, ranks among their finest moments and bristles with storming energy.
Siouxsie and the Banshees in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, after the release of Juju, left to right: John McGeoch, Budgie, Steven Severin and Siouxsie. After the slightly electronic bent of their previous album, 1980's Kaleidoscope, Siouxsie and the Banshees returned to a guitar-based sound for Juju, due to the presence of now-official guitarist McGeoch. The album also prominently featured the intricate percussion work of band member Budgie. According to Steven Severin: "Juju was the first time we'd made a "concept" album that drew on darker elements.
|A2||Into The Light||4:13|
|B2||Sin In My Heart||3:36|
- Record Company – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Distributed By – Polydor, S.A.
- Manufactured By – COFASA
- Pressed By – COFASA
- Recorded At – Surrey Sound Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Iberofon, S.A.
- Copyright (c) – Pure Noise
- Copyright (c) – Chappell
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Music
- Art Direction [Stylo Rouge], Sleeve [Sleeve Design] – Rob O'Connor
- Bass Guitar – Steven Severin
- Drums, Percussion – Budgie
- Guitar – John McGeoch, Siouxsie Sioux (tracks: B2)
- Lyrics By – Sioux*, Severin*
- Photography By [Portrait Photography] – Joe Lyons
- Producer – Nigel Gray, Siouxsie And The Banshees*
- Sleeve [Sleeve Design] – Siouxsie And The Banshees*
- Sleeve [Sleeve Design], Photography By [Photo-Illustration] – Thomi Wroblewski
- Vocals – Siouxsie Sioux
- Written-By, Arranged By, Composed By – Siouxsie And The Banshees*
Notes℗1981 Polydor (Uk) Ltd.
©1981 Polydor (Uk) Ltd.
Made In Spain
Original Sound Recording
Made By Polydor Ltr.(U.K)
Recorded at Surrey Sound, March/April 1981
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped, side A): 850 2442190 ✳ A ✳ 1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped, side B): 850 2442190 ✳ B ✳ 1
- Distribution Code (Circled, back cover): 169
- Depósito Legal: M. 23108 - 1981
- Rights Society: S.G.A.E.
- Other (Manufacturer Permission): PERM.6421
|POLS 1034||Siouxsie And The Banshees*||Juju (LP, Album)||Polydor||POLS 1034||UK||1981|
|28MM 0052||Siouxsie And The Banshees*||Juju (LP, Album, Promo)||Polydor||28MM 0052||Japan||1981|
|PDS-1-6311||Siouxsie And The Banshees*||Juju (LP, Album)||Polydor||PDS-1-6311||Canada||1981|
|PVC 8903||Siouxsie And The Banshees*||Juju (LP, Album)||PVC Records||PVC 8903||US||1981|
|GEFD-24050||Siouxsie And The Banshees*||Juju (CD, Album, RE)||Geffen Records||GEFD-24050||US||1992|